Joanne started her career as a bankruptcy attorney in 1982, when she clerked for the Hon. Joel Pelofsky, then sitting as a bankruptcy judge for the Western District of Missouri. Upon completion of her clerkship in 1983, Joanne joined Evans & Mullinix. While her practice has focused on financial reorganization and representation of debtors in Chapter 7, 13 and 11 bankruptcies, Joanne also represents creditors and is able to see the effect of bankruptcy and business closures from all sides. She represented the Eldridge House in Lawrence, Kansas, Steve’s Shoes in Kansas City, Kansas, and creditors in the Interstate Bakeries Chapter 11, which was filed in Kansas City, Missouri, and represented creditors with bankruptcy claims against the Brooke Companies and Crescent Oil, both of which were filed in Kansas City, Kansas.
Joanne also helps guide individuals through the difficult times caused by divorce and assists with adoptions as well.
Joanne is an active and passionate participant in the Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE) program, which teaches financial responsibility to teenagers. The hope is that, with proper education, our children will be able to avoid the problems that arise from the misuse of credit.
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1977
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1980
- Rockhurst College, M.B.A., 1989
- 1980, Missouri
- 1985, Kansas
- 1985, U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri and District of Kansas
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association (Member, Bankruptcy Section)
- The Missouri Bar
- The Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE) program
- Past Member of IWIRC - Midwest
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rating
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Joel Pelofsky, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, 1982-1983
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Gene Martin, Circuit Judge, Jackson County, Missouri, February 1982 - July 1982
- Presenter at the National Bankruptcy Institute on bankruptcy landlord and tenant issues
- Presenter at the Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association on bankruptcy issues